We can’t lie -- autumn is our favorite season for fashion. The color palette, the layering, the textures, and more are our favorite ways to fashion. Make fall 2018 work for you with these big trends:
- Plaid! This 90s favorite trend is back in a big way! We know everyone has their favorite flannel to bust out for fall, but rock plaid in a new way in any of the myriad skirts, pants, coats, and blazers embracing the plaid and houndstooth this season. Sound scary? Start small with a layering piece like a blazer or overcoat you can throw on over your favorite outfit and take off later! Plaid is perfect for any occasion, we’re wearing it to work and then straight to dinner with friends.
- Turtleneck & Mock Neck Tops! This is our go-to look of the season. Thought they’re big right now, we know turtlenecks can feel a little suffocating or itchy for all-day wear. We recommend being extra cautious of fabric content or trying a mock neck instead! This slightly shorter high-neckline is a little less fitted so you get the high-neck look without the discomfort! They’re perfect for tucking into high-waisted jeans, layering under cardigans and jackets, and pairing with jumpsuits. They’re our go-to sleek date night look for fall!
- Duster-Length Cardis! Length matters this fall, with the hottest silhouettes falling to your knees (or even longer!) These midi-length cardigans and coats are the perfect piece to up your level of chic and versatile enough to pair not only with a shirt & jeans, but fit perfectly over your favorite LBD. Where them in fall colors or fun patterns to make these work in your wardrobe.
- Skirts! Like the 90s, skirts are the new fall essential! Whether you’re looking to show off those legs or cover up a little more, everything from mini to midi is available. We’re rocking the Clueless plaid skirt look with knee-high socks or boots, and midi skirts with heels and fun graphic tees from this summer. Midi doesn’t always mean mid-calf though, so be sure to try on your skirts and make sure the length is right for your legs and comfort levels!
- Leopard! We’re in all-leopard everything this fall! We like to wear leopard like a neutral, especially in mules, flats, and booties. Don’t be afraid to mix leopard with other patterns, or go classic and pair it with an all-black look. Leopard is coming in all fabrics and pieces this year, so look for it in shoes, sweaters, dusters and more! If you’re feeling intimidated, start by adding in a pair of shoes or little leopard accessory and then gradually go bigger. You’ll be a convert in no time!
- Mules & Loafers! Summer’s hottest mules continue to be popular this fall, as well as those cute school-girl loafers! Give the academic look a go by pairing them with plaid or start small by switching out your basic flats for a neutral black loafer! You won’t look back.
If you have any questions about how you can make these trends work for your body type specifically, shoot us a message! We’d love to hear how your wearing 2018’s hottest trends!